The Rancho El Dorado News
Signup for your FREE copy of our Newsletter. Please enter your full name, email, phone and address in the appropriate boxes below, along with the 3 or 4 digit spamcode.
We have 11 guests online
MARICOPA's SALSA FESTIVAL ....
Maricopa's Annual Salsa Festival will take place March 23, 2013 at Pacana Park. At this free event families will have an opportunity to enjoy games, entertainment, information booths, food & drink and of course sample and vote on their favorite salsa!
This event is a traditional salsa competition with contestants balling for $1,000 cash prize for Best Overall Salsa. There is no cost to enter the competition! Contestants will also have the opportunity to win $500 cash awards for Best Mild Salsa, Best Hot Salsa, and Most Unusual Salsa.
Main Stage Event Timeline:
- 4:00 p.m. Gates open and Salsa contest begins, Master of Ceremonies: DJ Rick Luna
- 4:30 p.m. *Salsa dance demonstrations
- 5:00 p.m. Live Music: Tone Cast
- 6:00 p.m. DJ Rick Luna
- 6:30 p.m. Live Music: Havana Soul
- 7:30 p.m. *Salsa dance demonstrations
- 8:00 p.m. Live Music: Freddie Duran Plan
- 8:30 p.m. Salsa contest ends
- 9:00 p.m. Salsa winners announced
Community Stage Event Timeline:
- 4:00 p.m. Desert Sun Performing Arts
- 4:30 p.m. Dance & Cheer for Jesus
- 4:50 p.m. Jumpstart Academy
- 5:10 p.m. Desert Star Gymnastics
- 5:30 p.m. Studios of Ocotillo Dance
- 5:50 p.m. Sequoia Pathway Academy Cheer
- 6:10 p.m. Sgt. Pepper & Goo Burr
- 6:30 p.m. Music Notes
- 6:50 p.m. Maricopa Dance & Fitness
- 7:10 p.m. Just Jump!
- 7:30 p.m. Hula Dance Studio
- 7:50 p.m. E-Team
*Performed by the Mt. Pointe High School Salsa Club
For more information on the Salsa Festival, please email